Welcome to Oregon ALGBTIC’s webpage. We are working on adding content.
We are Oregon’s first nationally affiliated LGBTQIA2+ counseling/psychotherapy professional organization. We are affiliated with the Oregon Counseling Association (ORCA) and the ACA/ALGBTIC. Membership is open to all mental health professionals. We also have special rates for students and community members.
Join at: http://or-counseling.org/join-us
Let the following inspire action for our organization:
• Improve the standards of delivery of mental health services and related education to Queer clients, professionals, students, and communities.
• Identify and break down conditions and barriers that impede the growth and development of Queer clients, professionals, students, and communities.
• Elevate the voices of minoritized groups and those most affected by sexual and gender inequity to guide the mission and vision of this organization.
• Advocate alongside and on behalf of Queer individuals at the client, community, municipal, and state governance levels, and in the media.
• Work to secure equity of treatment, advancement, opportunities, and status of Queer members of the counseling and therapy professions and related helping professions.
• Sustain an organization that is representative of Queer clients, students, and professionals throughout Oregon with an intention of providing professional development to those in rural and urban areas.
• Develop, implement, and promote counseling-related charitable, scientific, and educational programs designed to further the growth and development of Queer clients, professionals, students, and communities.
• Promote cross-discipline communication, networking, and professional development in support of providing and equitably distributing knowledge, skill, and advocacy efforts meant to raise the standards of practice for all who serve Queer clients, professionals, students, and communities in mental health fields.